Fashion/Trunk Show – May 2007















Instead of the usual pomp and circumstance march at California State University, Northridge, I hosted my very own, first fashion show at my parents' house in Pasadena, California. I invited all of my family and friends to my fashion show in lieu of a graduation ceremony. The fashion show showcased ten of my dresses - all of which I made throughout my college years. The fashion show was a success!! It was more than I had imagined it to be and everything that I wanted it to be. My big sister Melissa, flew from New York City to support me and to help me. One of my close cousins, Joi helped as my stylist assistant. My best friend Reeann Hosein flew in from Florida for my graduation and to model one of my dresses. Another best friend of mine, Jessica Sanchez, helped me so much as my assistant. My professional interpreter was Jill Melendes and two friends from my sorority, Jennifer Spensieri and Becca Nelson, helped me as hairstylists and make-up artists to the models. My ten beautiful models were Amy Conway, Sheena Mcfeely, Crystal Eusebio, Adrianna Mendoza, Jenny Choi, Bianca Walker, Kristin Leete, Rachel Tan and Reeann Hosein, all wore the dresses I made. I am so thankful to all my family and friends for being there and for their support. One of the dresses named "Sweet Embrace" was a big hit at the fashion show; and everyone loved the shirts I created with my logo on it. It was very stressful planning the fashion show but in the end, it was all worth it and I was so happy to share my creations with all of my family and friends.

1 comment:

Kacey D said...

Hey Mara,

its kacey from work! Lusik told me where I could find you on there. I am on here as well. I would have never known you were a designer! We should plan to work together. From the pictures you posted, you work is great.

See you at work!

Kacey Ukais