My business name

My Business Name

Hello everyone!

I wanted to tell you about today. I went to the bank to open my business account. One problem I have is I do not have a federal identification number, which means I cannot open a business account. So I went to business services where I met a wonderful man. The two of us discussed the business stuff before he started filling out forms. The man wanted to make sure that I could use the name that I chose for my business before I established the website. But for a while, I was worried because it seemed like someone else had the same name that I had chosen. I was worried because I love my name MARA.

But before I got ahead of myself, I had to be patient and wait while the man conducted his internet search. During his search on international, USA, California and local database, the man found many websites with the name Mara, such as: MaxMara, Mara with a last name, and many more websites with that name. One weird website named mara.com, was related to Wild Animal, but anyways. While I wasn't surprised that someone has the business name MARA, I had other alternative names that I could use. My sister Melissa and I had discussed alternative names in case the name of my choice was already taken. I asked the business service man if there were any websites and business name that had the name BY MARA. He checked and found that someone already has BYMARAMARA, so this was good news for me!! I could use the name BY MARA as my business name. From now on, my business name is BY MARA. I am hoping I will get a new business account and soon!

Other than the good news, there is a little bit of bad news...I still have to go to City Hall to change my previous business name MARA to my new business BY MARA. I did not feel like going there today since there is always a lot of traffic and my schedule is pretty hectic at the moment! But I will let you know what happens when I do go.

Until next time...

Mara

2 comments:

Gina said...

Hello Mara, how are you? wow you are a true inspiration to me! My name is Gina Sayegh and I am taking a class on ASL- culture and have a project to do on a famous Deaf person and I choose you! It would be helpful is you can help me out with it! Hope I'm not asking for too much! Hope all is well!

Xoxo

Gina

Gina said...

You can email me at ginamariesayegh27@gmail.com